A cultural and creative complex fostering the intersection of contemporary art, wellness, and community impact.
Compound presents newly commissioned works of art and experimental art projects with innovators in the field through the lens of local, national, and global perspectives.
Compound-ed is our online editorial platform, which will explore urgent and pressing issues related to our mission, history, and community. In this inaugural issue, Chaos to Cosmos, we feature artists addressing topics of hope and belonging, nature and beauty, and the mysteries of the universe. The works and voices of these artists speak to the potential for awe, inspiration, and transformation amidst the natural forces of pandemonium in our world and beyond.
Table of Contents
- From the Founder’s Desk — Culture Shifts Consciousness
- Glenn Kaino — On Art, Hope, and Invisibility
- Curatorial Notes — Tavares Strachan: On Belonging
- Lita Albuquerque — Beauty, Transcendence, and The Sublime
- Long Beach Focus — Steve Fawley
- Sanaz Alesafar — Vulnerability is a Prerequisite to Cultural Production
- Emma Gray — The Energetic Residency
- Art & Meditation — Chrysanne Stathacos: Two Hands Touch
- Long Beach Focus — Sayon Syprasoeuth
- Family Workshops — Slanguage at Compound
- Landon Ross — We Live When it’s Beautiful
- The Subjective Sublime — Good Deeds, Beautiful Things, Ones To Watch